Straight from the (Makeup) Masters
HAVE A BEAUTIFUL start this year as three of the country’s makeup experts share their beauty picks, get-gorgeous tips, and the makeup trends for 2012.
Tatin Yang, full-time makeup artist
2012 Is All About... Red lips, bright eyes, and winged eyeliner.
My Must-haves Are... Blush, concealer, false eyelashes, blush brush, and false eyelash tweezers.
I Love the Face of... Ana Sideco (above). I love her youthful features.
The One Advice I Swear By Is... to not sleep with the makeup on.
To Prolong Makeup... Use spatula for cream and lip products.
Jose ‘Jo’ Tubato, Azta Urban Salon creative director
This year... we will see a collaboration of old and new makeup techniques. We will also see more defined eyes especially on eyebrows, and full color of lipstick.
My Go-To Products Are... TIGI Bed Head Eyeshadow Palette (below left) and Glamma Powder (left), Lancome Blanc Expert Neurowhite X3 Liquid Foundation SPF25 (far left), and MAC Pro Full Coverage Foundation NW25 (below).
1. Cleanse, tone, and moisturize your skin before putting on makeup.
2. Aways use a disposable sponge.
3. Make sure that the foundation is suited best to your skin tone and skin condition. 4. For fair and olive skin tones, use pink blusher. For mocha or chocolate skin tone, try orange blusher.
Makeup Care 101:
1. Wash your make up brush after using it or always have antibacterial wipes for a quick cleaning when you want to switch shades.
2. Store your makeup in a cool, dry place to prevent it from melting.
3. Make sure to change liquid base makeup after a year, and mascara and liquid liner after three months.
Anton Patdu, freelance professional makeup artist
Spring/Summer 2012... is big on bold colors, bright eyes, and bright lips. Try MAC lipstick in Morange or Lady Danger (below).
I Love Putting Makeup On... Jasmine Curtis Smith (above).
‘Makeup is better with good skin.’
Makeup Would Have a Longer Shelf Life If... you don’t expose it in the sun. Mabilis siya ma-expire pag naka-expose. Also, keep your makeup as personal as possible to avoid breakups.
My Everyday Essentials Consist of... Make Up For Ever products especially the brow correctors in 0, MAC Lipstick in Chatterbox, Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer (above right), NARS Orgasm Blush, Smashbox Girls on Film Smokebox Palette (top), and Benefit Bathina body balm(right).
My Choice Tools of the Trade Are... MAC blending brush 217, and the Fanny Serrano Eyebrow Brush. - Ma. Janine Bianca Romero